Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for any time of the year. This recipe takes the classic chicken noodle soup to the next level by using juicy, flavorful rotisserie chicken as a shortcut. Not only does this save time, but it also adds an incredible depth of flavor to the soup. In this article, we’ll discuss the ingredients and step-by-step preparation of Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup, along with its history and interesting facts about the dish. So, let’s get started!
To prepare this mouthwatering Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded and skin discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnishing
This recipe is quite simple and can be prepared in just a few easy steps:
- Firstly, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Next, add the minced garlic and stir continuously for about 1 minute to release its flavors and aroma. Add the chicken broth, thyme, and shredded rotisserie chicken to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions in a separate pot. Once cooked, drain the noodles and set aside.
- After the soup has simmered, remove the thyme bundle (if using fresh thyme) and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked egg noodles to the pot and stir well to combine. Garnish the soup with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
History and Curiosities
Chicken noodle soup has a long and fascinating history, with various versions of the dish appearing in different cultures throughout time. The combination of chicken, vegetables, and noodles dates back to ancient Persia and China, where they were considered a nourishing meal to aid in recovery from illness.
The modern version of chicken noodle soup we know today originated in the early 20th century, thanks to the invention of canned soups by Campbell’s. Rotisserie chicken, on the other hand, has its roots in medieval Europe, where meats would be cooked on a spit over an open flame for hours, resulting in tender and flavorful dishes.
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup is a product of merging these two beloved foods, creating a gastronomic delight that is not only comforting and delicious but also steeped in history. This dish has become a popular choice for those seeking a hearty and satisfying meal that is simple to prepare and easy to share with friends and family.
Some interesting facts about rotisserie chicken include its use in various street food dishes worldwide, emphasizing its versatility and the widespread love for this succulent style of cooking. Additionally, chicken noodle soup is often considered a remedy for the common cold, making this combination a perfect go-to dish for those feeling under the weather.
Bringing together the best of both worlds, Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup is a flavorful shortcut to comfort that’s sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.