If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we will delve into a simple yet scrumptious recipe: Creamy Chicken with Cream of Chicken Soup. This hearty dish is perfect for cozy family dinners, and it’s so easy to make that you’ll find yourself coming back to it time and time again. With its rich and flavorful sauce, tender chicken, and the comforting taste of home, this dish will surely become a staple in your kitchen. So, let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken with Cream of Chicken Soup
To whip up this delicious meal, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp parsley
- Optional: Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
With these ingredients in hand, you’re ready to prepare a mouthwatering chicken dish that is perfect for busy evenings or special occasions alike.
Before starting, make sure you have all of your ingredients prepared and ready to go. This will help ensure that the cooking process goes smoothly and that your chicken comes out perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Now, let’s begin:
1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides. This should take about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the condensed cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley. Stir to combine, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once the sauce is hot and bubbly, add the chicken back into the skillet, ensuring it’s covered with the sauce.
3. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Make sure to turn the chicken occasionally, so it cooks evenly and is coated in the sauce.
Once the chicken is cooked, your delicious Creamy Chicken with Cream of Chicken Soup is ready to be served over rice or noodles.
History and Cultural Significance
Creamy chicken dishes, similar to this recipe, have been a staple in American households for decades. Casseroles featuring condensed soups became popular in the 1950s, as they were quick, easy, and economical. This particular dish, Creamy Chicken with Cream of Chicken Soup, seems to have been inspired by these classic casseroles but simplified even further to create a versatile and flavorful dish that never fails to please.
While there is no specific origin story for this recipe, it is undoubtedly influenced by various American and European culinary traditions. Its creamy sauce likely stems from French cuisine, whereas the simple process of cooking chicken in a skillet can be traced back to various European and American techniques.
One interesting cultural curiosity is the use of condensed soups in American cooking. When condensed soups first hit the market, they were considered a convenient and affordable way to create delicious meals with little effort. This Popularity has continued over the years, and the use of condensed soups in recipes has become a quintessential aspect of American home cooking – and our Creamy Chicken with Cream of Chicken Soup is no exception.