I have guests at home this weekend and I will prepare them an Arabic tasting menu, so that they can know the delicious of Arabic food. I really love food for Arabic countries. It is really exotic and tasty.
One of the dishes of this tasting menu will surely be this chickpea hummus. It has the same texture of a purée and it is perfect for dipping. It is believed that the origine of this dish comes from Egipt, but today, it is really widespread through Middle East. You can eat with with pita bread, that we can cut it in triangles and dip with it. It is really important that you use “tahine” for preparing this hummus. This will give the authentic Arabic touch. Tahine is a brown cream made with sesame.
Hummus is very easy to prepare, it works perfectly fine as a starter and it is very healthy. You can also prepare it in advance. I have used already cooked chickpeas (for saving time) but you can also use dry chickpeas.
- 400 g of cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of tahine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of cumin
- a pinch of pepper
- 50 g of virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of sweet red chili (or spicy if you like)
- Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl (except sweet red chili) and mix it for 30 seconds, speed 3. After mix it for 2 minutes, speed 4.
- Texture will depend on your taste. The original hummus is quite rough, but if you like, you can mix it more: 30 seconds, speed 6.
- If it is very thick, you can add it some water and mix it again for 5 seconds, speed 4.
- Serve it in little bowls, pour a little bit of olive oil, dust some sweet red chili and if you like you can use parsley or coriander to decorate.
Sé el primero en comentar