Easy Beef Stew Crock Pot Recipe: A Comforting & Simple Meal is the perfect dish that combines the heartiness of home cooking with the convenience of modern appliances. With the use of a crock pot, you can create an amazing and filling meal that will warms the hearts and bellies of your family and friends. This beef stew is packed with tender chunks of beef, flavorful vegetables, and a rich and hearty broth. So, let’s dive into the world of this delicious recipe and discover its history and the secrets behind its exceptional taste.
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups small red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the beef cubes, flour, salt, and pepper. Toss until the beef is evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, around 5 minutes.
- Transfer the browned beef to the crock pot, along with the chopped onion, garlic, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cover the crock pot, and cook the beef stew on low heat for 7-8 hours, or on high heat for 4 hours, until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Once ready, serve the beef stew with crusty bread or over cooked rice for a filling, comforting meal.
History and Curiosities
Beef stew has a long and fascinating history that dates back to prehistoric times. In ancient cultures, stewing meat and vegetables together in a pot was a common way to cook, creating a nutritious meal with minimal equipment and fuel. The exact origins of the modern beef stew we know today are unclear, but it likely evolved over time as different cultures and culinary traditions combined and adapted various cooking techniques.
Beef stew in the United States has strong roots in early American cooking, particularly during the colonial period. One of the factors that brought about the popularity of beef stew was the abundance of beef in the New World, as the settlers brought livestock with them from Europe. As a result, beef stew became a staple dish in American households across the nation, often served with cornbread, an iconic American side.
Our Easy Beef Stew Crock Pot Recipe is a delicious and convenient spin on a classic dish, capturing the essence of the comforting home-cooked meal while making use of modern kitchen appliances. The crock pot, or slow cooker, itself was invented in the 1940s and became increasingly popular during the post-war era, as it allowed families to have a hot meal ready even after long days at work.
The versatility of beef stew has allowed it to remain a favorite throughout the years. Its rich flavors and comforting nature have inspired countless variations and adaptations around the world. So, dig into this Easy Beef Stew Crock Pot Recipe and enjoy a dish that not only warms your taste buds, but connects you to culinary history and tradition.