What a surprising risotto! I assure you that I did not imagine that something so simple could be so tasty and so easy to prepare. You’ll need few ingredients, very basic , but very tasty , like feta cheese. And the creamy texture that gives the greek yogurt … mmm it’s delicious. Would you like to try it?
For those who do not know it , the feta cheese is typical of countries like Greece, Turkey , Romania , Bulgaria, etc. It is made from cheese curd and subsequently it is preserved in brine, hence its intense salty and sour flavor. It combines perfectly in salads with tomato, cucumber and black olives. It’s delicious. Today we can buy at a very affordable price at any dairy or supermarket. In fact, it is sell in rectangular portions and vacuum packed or in small pieces ready to take on salads, with its own juice to promote conservation.
The only downside of risottos is that we should take them immediately, because as time goes by they become more “pasty” and from one day to another it doesn’t work well. Nevertheless it is really worthy making this type of rice with the Thermomix , because the result is superb.
- ½ onion cut in two pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60 g of butter or olive oil
- 260 g of rice
- 50 g of white wine
- 700 g of chicken or vegetable boiling broth
- 2 greek yogurts
- 200 g of drained feta cheese
- 100 of boneless black olives cut to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Place onion and garlics inside the mixing bowl and set to 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Place the butter or oil inside the mixing bowl and set 8 minutes, temperature varoma, speed spoon.
- Add rice, a pinch of salt and set to 2 minutes, speed 1, reverse counter-clockwise operation, temperature 100º.
- Add white wine and set to 2 minutes, speed 1, reverse counter-clockwise operation, temperature 100º.
- Now, put boiling broth and set to 13 minutes, temperature 100º, reverse counter-clockwise operation and speed 1.
- We add the yogurt, the cheese (reserve a little bit of cheese for garnish) and olives (also reserve for garnish some of them) and set to 2 minutes, temperature 100º, reverse counter-clockwise operation and speed 1.
- Let stand inside with the mixing bowl closed for about 1 minute. Serve inmediatly and decorate it cheese, olives and a little bit of parsley.