The most refreshing cake for the summer… lemon cake!!. It is so easy to prepare and it is so tasty that you will cook it more than once, I assure you. This is an exquisite lemon cake, simple, healthy and fast to prepare. Ideal as an evening snack and breakfast. Definitely, a sponge cake that remains fresh for 5 days.
- 250 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 thin skin small lemons unpeeled but very well washed and remove a slice from the top and the bottom
- 1 natural yogurt (or 125 ml whole milk or cream)
- 100 gr sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 gr of wheat flour
- 16 gr baking powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar to make powdered sugar (optional to decorate)
- Add the 6 tablespoons of sugar to the mixing bowl (which must be completely dry) and mash 30 seconds, progressive speed 5-7-10. Set aside. If we have some left over after having decorated the sponge cake, we can store it in a food container or in a well closed bottle at room temperature.
- Without washing the mixing bowl, put the 250 grams of sugar, the eggs and the lemons chopped without seeds and program 3 minutes, temperature 37º, speed 4 so that the sponge cake becomes more sponged.
- Add the yogurt and the sunflower oil and mix 5 seconds at speed 3 or until well blended.
- Incorporate salt, flour and baking powder and mix well for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Preheat the oven to 180º heat up and down, or fan function (I turn the oven on when I start to make the recipe, because it takes more or less that time to reach 180º).
- Put the mix in a baking dish greased with margarine so that it does not get stuck. Introduce in the oven 30-45 minutes depending on the baking dish shape and the height of our sponge cake (mine took about 45 min).
- Take the sponge cake out, wait 5 minutes and sprinkle with a lot of powdered sugar on top.
– If you see that the surface is over toasted before the cooking time, cover it carefully with metal foil.
– To know if your cake is ready, prick it with a knife or with a very fine rod. If it comes out wet and sticky, it is not done inside. If it comes out clean, it is already done.
-Wait until the sponge cake cools down before you unmould it, otherwise it will break.
– Try to store it in the fridge; you will see how juicy it is with the powdered sugar. And now that the temperatures are rising, being made with citrus it is perfect to eat it cool.