Fantastic recipe of Russian Salad, juicy and really tasty, my favourite!. You can prepare it in advance and have it ready for example for the dinner, or if you have guests at home, or maybe you can to carry this salad with you to work or to a picnic.
You can also prepare your own mayonnaise sauce at home easily with your Thermomix (we will soon publish this recipe). But if you are going to prepare this Russian Salad in summer time, it is better that you buy the mayonnaise sauce in order to avoid problems like salmonellosis…
- 1,000 g of water
- 3 big potatoes with skin (clean) cut in half
- 2 peeled carrots
- 2 eggs with their shell clean
- 2 cans of tuna (natural or with oil)
- 8 little pickled cucumbers
- 6 tablespoons of the pickled cucumbers vinegar
- Mayonnaise sauce to taste
- Put water inside the mixing bowl with some salt and the simmering basket inside. Inside the simmering basket we put the potatoes and the eggs. Close the mixing bowl. In the varoma recipient we put the carrots.
- Set to 20 minutes, temperature varoma, speed 2. Remove the eggs and the carrots and set aside.
- Set to 25 minutes, temperature varoma, speed 2. We check that the vegetables are well cook piercing with a fork. Remove when ready.
- Peel the potatoes when they are at room temperature. Chop them with a knife. Repeat this operation with the carrots. Place potatoes and carrots in a big bowl. Add salt to taste.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half. Remove the yolk and reserve it.
- Put the white in the mixing bowl and set to 4 seconds, speed 4. and add to the bowl.
- Put the pickled cucumbersin the mixing bowl and set to 5 seconds, speed 5. and add to the bowl.
- Add the pickled cucumbers vinegar to the bowl and stir well.
- Let the salad stand in the frigde for 24h.