I love this recipe because my mother-in-law used to prepare it very often and this is how I discovered Thermomix. Maybe, the name of spinach cream soup is not very attractive, but I can promise you it tastes delicious! And also, children will love it. It is very soft, nutritious and really easy to prepare.
You will see that these cream soup has a special touch that makes that you can’t stop eating it. And this touch is given by the light bechamel souce we will prepare with an olive oil base (lighter than using butter) and semi-skimmed milk.
- 300 g of frozen spinachs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 g of olive oil (it can be replaced by butter or margarine)
- 1000 g of semi-skimmed milk (you can also use whole or skimmed milk)
- 50 g of cornmeal or wheat flour
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- Place the oil inside the mixing bowl and set 2 minutes, varoma temperature, speed spoon.
- Add the cornmeal and cook for 2 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 1.
- Add the milk, spinaches, garlics, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set to 20 minutes, temperature 90º, speed 4.
- Taste it, and add salt if needed. If we prefer, we can set to 30 seconds, speed 5-7-10 so that its texture is better.