A colleague often brings tuna cannelloni to the office made by her mother and they are so good that I always think “I have to make my tuna cannelloni” but I never found a recipe that I completely liked. Until finally, I came up with this recipe, the perfect one, and at home everyone told me they were great. I did lots to freeze them but not a single one was left.
It is a very easy and economical recipe and it is perfect for children, not only because it is pasta and they always eat meat cannelloni very well, but because they will eat fish without noticing it. You might feel lazy about rolling the cannelloni, but I assure you it does not take so long, and it is worth it because later we can freeze them or have them in the fridge for 3 days, and they are great if we have many guests at home.
- 1 package pasta for cannelloni
- 200 g canned tuna (approx 2 cans)
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 eggs
- 50 g of olive oil (if you use tuna in olive oil, use the oil of the can)
- ½ kg homemade tomato sauce (you can buy it too)
- 100 g grated cheese
- Pepper (little if the cannelloni are going to be for children)
- For bechamel sauce:
- 20 g of butter or olive oil
- 500 ml whole milk
- 50 g of wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- First, let’s cook the eggs. To do this, pour in the mixing bowl 800 gr of water and place the eggs inside the basket. Close the mixing bowl and program 20 minutes, temperature varoma, speed 2. After finishing cooking the eggs, remove the basket with the help of the spatula and cool the eggs in cold water. Dry the mixing bowl very well.
- Put the eggs already peeled and without any shell remains in the mixing bowl and crush 4 seconds, speed 4 so that they are minced. Take them out of the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Without washing the mixing bowl, place the onion, the garlic and the oil in it. Crush for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and the cover towards the blades and program 8 minutes, speed 1, temperature varoma.
- Add the tuna drained and program 4 minutes, speed 1, temperature varoma.
- Add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes, speed 1, temperature varoma. Add salt and pepper to taste and grind 10 seconds, speed 4 to create a paste. Pour this paste in a large bowl and add the chopped boiled eggs that we had set aside. Stir well.
- Cook the cannelloni pasta according to the manufacturer (this step you can do while cooking the tuna and the tomato).
- Fill the cannelloni already cooked with the tuna paste. Set aside.
- To prepare the bechamel sauce, put in the mixing bowl all the ingredients of the bechamel and program 7 minutes, at 100º, speed 4.
- Pour a thin layer of bechamel in the base of a container, place the cannelloni, cover with the remaining bechamel and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180º or until the cheese has melted / is golden.
- Wait 5 minutes before serving.