Today I present a super simple recipe, ideal for preparing when we don’t have much of time for cooking. Although by the name it seems to be a vegetable dish alone, is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans because among its ingredients there is tuna (but of course you can adapt it to your taste). It’s called vegetable because it looks like a big big vegetable sandwich.
Preparing it is very simple because it is made only in 15 minutes and you can leave prepared in advance. And also, you can easily carry it with you to a picnic or to your job. Lastly, it is a real good option for the warmest days.
- 12 slices of slight bread without borders
- 2 cans of tuna in oil
- 5 tablespoons of tomatoe sauce
- ½ lettuce heart
- 6 crab sticks
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Thousand Island Sauce
- The first thing we have to do is to prepare a mold for our pie. The one I've used has a base in which I put 4 slices of bread (two on one side and two on the other). You can adjust the amounts of ingredients to the mold you have. The only thing you have to bear in mind is that the cake will have 3 layers of bread.
- We put in the mixing bowl of the Thermomix, 2 cans of tuna (please, drain the oil) and the tomato and mix for 10 seconds, speed 3. We put salt to taste and if the tomato is highly acidic we can take a bit of sugar. We reserve in a bowl.
- Quickly clean the mixing bown and mix the crab sticks. Cut the lettuce into pieces and add the mayonnaise and set the Thermomix to 6 seconds, speed 4.
- In the mold put a first layer of bread, then add the tuna preparation. Then put another layer of bread and press well with your hands. Pour the preparation of crab sticks and cover with another layer of bread. Press firmly again. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Then unmold the pie on a plate (it is easy to unmold, just turn it over). Covered the pie with the thousand island sauce.
- We can decorate it with whatever we want. Mine is adorned with green and black olives, but you can put: shrimp, boiled egg slices, pickles, anchovies, carrots, asparagus, corn...