Today I bring a new way of cooking codfish. It is important to eat fish several times a week, so I am constantly looking for new ways to prepare it. In addition, cod is one of my favorite fishes, for the price, texture and has few thorns (so it is a good choice for children).
This recipe is originally from Portugal, as you might know they are really good preparing this kind of fish. It is very easy to prepare and cheap. The only drawback I see is that it must be taken at the time (from one day to another is not so good). In addition, this particular dish, I like to finish it in the pan (not on the Thermomix).
It is a good recipe for children as they will be eating fish without even realizing it. The fact that cod is completely crumbled, no thorns and is accompanied by egg and french fries, make it a perfect dish for the little ones.
- 250 g of desalted flaked cod
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g of potato sticks/french fries (I buy them in the supermarket)
- parsley to taste
- 4 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- Put oil in the mixing bowl, then the onion cut into quarters and the peeled garlic. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Then set to 10 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 1.
- Add the cod, a pinch of pepper and set to 5 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 1.
- In a large pan put a little bit of oil, place the potatoes and then the cod we had in the mixing bowl. When it gets hot we place the eggs on the top, throw a pinch of salt and stir until it is cooked. Serve immediately and sprinkle with chopped parsley.