On weekends I love making rice, because rice is better if you eat at the time. And with the Thermomix, rice is simply delicious. Today I went to the market and saw some delicious king prawns, so the decision was easy: creamy rice with king prawns.
I have used king prawns, but of course you can use prawns, shrimps or whaterver you like. The only thing to bear in mind is that you need to use them raw as we will use the shells to make a fumé (fish stock).
- 80 g of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon of paprika
- 16 king prawns
- 200 g rice
- 750 g of fish stock (shells of prawns, water and 50 g of olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few strands of saffron or ½ teaspoon turmeric.
- Peel the prawns and put the heads and shells inside the mixing bowl. Add 50 g of olive oil and fry during 5 minutes, speed 2, varoma temperature.
- Add 900 g of water, salt to taste and set to 15 minutes, temperature 100º, speed 2.
- Drain well and reserve the fish stock. Clean the mixing bowl.
- Put the tomatoes in the mixing bowl with the onion, garlic and 8 prawns bodies and set 8 seconds, speed 4 to crush.
- Add oil and set to 10 minutes, varoma temperature, speed spoon.
- Incorporate paprika and rice and set to 3 minutes, varoma temperature, Speed 1, counter-clockwise operation .
- In the mixing bowl add the fish stock, salt to taste and saffron or turmeric. Set to 13 minutes , 100º, counter-clockwise operation, speed 1. We check the salt. Leave the rice Inside the bowl for 2 minutes. Serve.
- During that 2 minutes cook the king prawns in a non-sticky pan with some olive oil. Add some salt flakes to the top and serve with the rice.